Summers Corner Community Hits 100 Home Sales Milestone; Neighborhood Shares Other Stats for Success
Summers Corner, a residential community in the Lowcountry, has reached a key milestone of 100 total home sales. This comes after a successful spring) season when Summers Corner sold 33 homes in just three months. The still-new community has also achieved other key measures of success:
- 53 families have moved into the community;
- 8 parks have been completed to date. Every home at Summers Corner will be situated less than a five-minute walk from community green space;
- 3 sculptural bird houses commissioned by artist Tom Holmes welcome avian species to the neighborhood;
- 13,365 cups of coffee have been sold at the Corner House Café, the only food service entity operated out of a community sales center in greater Charleston;
- 4 builders (Saussy Burbank, FrontDoor Communities, Sabal Homes and Dan Ryan Builders) have 5 models on site now;
- 750 students currently attend Sand Hill Elementary, and an additional 665 will arrive in early 2018 at the Rollings Middle School of the Arts;
- 1,000+ seats are planned for the community’s new performing arts center, scheduled to open in 2018.
“Much talk recently has focused on a cooling sales trend in the Lowcountry,” said John Grab, vice president WestRock Land and Development. “But we find Summers Corner continues to attract very interested buyers, who clearly are drawn to the community’s Dorchester District 2 schools and our proximity to the area’s emerging jobs centers.”
In 2016, Summers Corner was awarded a PRISM award for Best New Community by the Charleston Home Builders Association (CHBA). Each year, CHBA acknowledges excellence in the field of sales, marketing, construction, and promotion of new homes in greater Charleston.
Summers Corner was also recently recognized by Audubon South Carolina for its bird-friendly conservation efforts. It is one of only three designated bird-friendly communities in South Carolina.
Visit Summers Corner at 1609 Beech Hill Road Summerville, SC 29403. Tour the beautifully furnished models, open daily, Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. and preview them here: http://www.summerscorner.com/homes/.